I love technology, and I mean it. My career is based on Web and Cloud Technologies, hobbies include Raspberry Pi, Arduino (I helped write a book) & IoT, and Linux Desktop Environments. The non-stop change and innovation are a passion and never a hindrance.
I place a very high value on people and my relationships with them. I believe that everyone has a unique skill set and the ability to bring value to any project. I lead by placing trust, clear ownership, and open honest communication with all levels of any organization at top of my priorities. Setting a challenging goal and measuring progress is a powerful approach to reaching success.
In my free time, I love to compete. I play lots of team sports and challenge myself by training for various events (Tough Mudder, Bill Synder 1/2 Marathon, KC 1/2 Marathon, etc). The training and commitment give me a great sense of who I am and the confidence to stand up to a challenge professionally.
Other Interesting Details
- I grew up in Louisburg, Kansas.
- I worked at Grand Teton National Park for a summer while in college.
- I was president and team captain of the KSU Men’s Soccer Team for 3 years.
- I’m married to my wife Crystal and we have two kids, Addison and Gavin.
- Big 5 Personality Profile (4.0) – Summary on Page 7
- Presentation on VU-IT Solution – Get a better feel for my communication style and presentation skills.