- October 2011 to January 2015
- Formal Management of Application Development Team (4 team members), Senior Developer role in all custom software development
- Wrote multiple RFP’s (including oversight of award process, contract
negotiation, and implementation) and SOW’s totaling over $2M.
- Administrator to a variety of systems including SharePoint, FIM, Service
Manager, WordPress and numerous others
- Led integration with a variety of systems focusing around the Student Information System, Finance System, and HR System
- Led numerous technical committees consisting of C-Level staff as well as give regular board presentations
- Regularly lead projects with contractors where I was responsible for the
deliverables, accuracy, change management, and overall cost
View the Blue Valley School District
Demographic and Statistical Information
about the District
- Application Developer
- Application Developer
- Application Developer / Data Analyst
- Database Administrator
Implemented a standard documentation structure, coding standards, and a requirement’s gathering processes related to various stakeholders and custom solutions. I trained staff and regularly lead both meetings and presentations with C-Level staff.
I also serve as Senior Developer for the District and manage all custom code development across a number of different platforms and languages.
Point of Authority for PCI-DSS Compliancy and all software where monetary transactions take place. Audited current contract and renegotiated a low rate with a new payment gateway to save over $20,000 annually in fees, I also led the implementation of that new payment gateway.
Project Manager of Web Infrastructure Replacement
This project is currently in progress and will replace out District Web Site (School Center), all School & Teacher Sites (School Center), and our existing Intranet (Stoneware) with a SharePoint 2013 Solution. The creative aspects of this project are delivered by VML and are noted in RFP 13030. The technical aspects of this project are delivered by Ciber and are noted in the technical section of RFP 13017. This project currently has a budget of $1.8M. I serve as the point of contact for both vendors and represent the project lead for district. I oversee all work done on this project and my approval is required on all deliverables associated with this project prior to their acceptance by the district.
Head of District Web Committee
The Web Committee was formed to govern the various web technologies used by the District. This Committee consisted of various executive level staff, specifically, Deputy Superintendent, Chief Information Officer, Executive Director of Curriculum and Instruction, Assistant Superintendent.
- Authored RFP 13017
- Authored RFP 13030
- Lead all activities by the Committee related to RFP Assessments
School Center Security Solution
I created a middle-ware solution to mitigate a security hole with our 3rd party CMS. This solution allowed the district to maintain the security integrity of our Active Directory while at the same time authenticating our users with the 3rd party CMS which works as a single sign on solution for this system.
Student Information System Migration
(Platform Migration from eSIS to EduPoint’s Synergy)
- Directly managed the integration of a variety of District Systems with the implementation of a new Student Information System.
- eTrition (Food Service POS System) – Transaction Sync integration with Fee Payment Portion of the SIS
- eTrition – Balance reporting and lunch history integration with SIS Parent Portal
- School Messenger (District Email Communication System between staff and parents) – Full data sync between these two system
- 50+ Custom reports via SQL
Student Information System (EduPoint’s Synergy)
- Responsible for all integration points for the SIS System.
- Payment Gateway API’s (Elavon, Authorize.net, UMB),
- Food Service POS System (eTrition),
- Various communication software (School Messenger, Custom Applications),
- Various curriculum software (Naviance, Pearson, Lead21), and many others
- Server Maintenance, such as patching, apply updates, and implementing the testing plan
- Performance turning on SQL Server
- Debugging ASP.Net issues
- Various SQL queries as needed by the organization
Other Noteworthy Projects
- Online Registration & Committee Lead
- FIM Implementation and Migration from UMRA
- Service Manager Implementation and Customization
- Service Manager Modification – Custom “Re-Open” ticket function
- Lead Installation of Tardy Tracker Software
- Directly involved in the configuration of F5 – WAF
- Built Multi-tier Supplemental Renewal Application
- Admin of multiple open source applications including Moodle, Lime Survey, WordPress, and others.
- Responsibilities include Unix Admin, MySQL Admin, and App Admin.