So ever since LaLa.com was shutdown
a quick moment of silence for the death of my favorite music site….
I have been looking for a cloud music service. I’ve even been waiting to see if Apple is going to do anything with its newly purchased LaLa.com. Hoping that maybe even iTunes would have a cloud version available, but that doesn’t exactly look like that is happening either.
So to solve this problem I have signed up for mSpot.com. Well to be honest, I wasn’t at all impressed.
- No Market Place – there are no options at all to buy music to add to your library. The only music you have access to are the files you uploaded.
- No social networking options – lacks any type of integration with facebook, twitter, or its own internal community
- The CD I did upload failed to tag automatically the artist, album, track name, artwork, or any other relevant information.
- General lack of s – there really isn’t much there. Which for some maybe a good thing, but for me and all my nerdiness I want options and cool features that this service just plans lacks.
The not so bad, but not all that good either…
- Very simple – you can very cleanly upload your library and have access to it on most mobile devices or any web browser.
- Free – their base option for 2 gig is totally free.
- Mobile App Integration – they have both iPhone and Android applications that work with the service.