- 6 Years being solely responsible for this system
- Maintained 30+ API’s used by the system
- Technical Strategies
- Object Oriented Design
- Tier’ed Security
- Load Balancing & Performance Optimization
- Web Services
- 600+ Merchants with 100,000+ Customer based
- PCI-DSS Compliant eCommerce System
MyCart.net is a web based, e-commerce system. The system has three tiers… an administrative area where MyCart.net employees can manage the store owners, a Site Manager where store owners can manage their store and products, and a storefront where the customers can purchase products made available by the store owner.
Prior to my departure I was in the process of converting this system completely over to .Net and formalizing all SQL communication by use of store procedures and web services.
The system uses a blade server consisting of three IIS servers and a Melio file system. A traffic director handles load balancing between these three servers. I have built two of these IIS servers from the ground up. A SQL 2005 server is located on the same blade. A separate server is used to manage all maintenance executables.
Application Usage Statistics
- 420 active stores (as of 3/1/2009)
- approximately 300 to 500 orders to these stores a day
- 50,000 hits a day.
- Created a custom 512 bit encryption algorithm for credit cards stored on the system
- Implemented threading algorithms for executables
- Patched many SQL Injection holes by writing store procedures
- Currently in the process of moving the application to .Net (as of 2-20-2009)
- Updated the database to SQL 2005
- Applied numerous SEO Strategies
- I was solely responsible for this system