- Web Infrastructure Replacement
- MyCart.net eCommerce Application
- eFocus Application – Sprint
- Network & Data Center Migration
- Secure Authentication / Risk Mitigation
- Senior Director of Strategic Information Technology for the National Cable Television Co-Op – 2015 (Current Position)
- Senior Solutions Architect for the Blue Valley School District – 2011
- Technical Editor for Packt Publishing – 2012 (4 Month Project)
- Lead Developer for Sure Merchant LLC (dba Mycart.Net) – 2006
- Web Developer for Sposto Interactive – 2005
- Lead Web Developer for the CIS Deptartment at KSU – 2003
- Web Developer for the SANTOS Research Lab – 2002
Education & Certifications
Masters of Business Administration
Bachelors of Computer Science
Certified Scrum Master
Certified Yellow Belt
Experience Advising Executive Level Staff - 6 Years
Management over Creative Resources- 6 Years
Project Management - +4,600 Documented Hours
Management over Technical Resources - 8 Years
Senior Level Software Developer Responsibilities - 10 Years
- Full Stack Developer and Architect using MEAN, LAMP, and Microsoft Technology Stacks.
- 6 Years of Experience Advising and Presenting to C-Level staff
- 6 Years of Direct Management over Creative Resources
- 8 Years of Direct Management over Technical Resources
- 10 Years of Senior Developer Responsibilities
- Over 4,600+ hours of documented Project Management Experience
- Node JS
- ASP.Net (Traditional, MVC, Web Services)
Project Management and Leadership Style
- Over 4,600+ hours of documented Project Management Experience.
- I have served in a management role with direct reports for over 8 years. Including interviews, performance reviews, and in rare cases termination of team members.
- I have ran interviews of many applicants over my career and am very comfortable assessing technical skill sets.
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People has a great section on Management which I found very helpful and one I have tried to model for many years. It guides a manager to genuinely work to help improve your team members and understand their motivations.
- In terms of style, I have a conversational relaxed form of communication with my team.
- Experience in both Waterfall and Agile SDLCs, Scrum Master certified
Creative Leadership and Management
- Aligned all aspects of large enterprise level projects with Corporate Brand Presented multiple creative defenses to executive level staff and large audiences
- Managed “Design by Committee” approval processes within projected timelines which included multiple executive level members
- 5+ Years of direct management over creative resources
- Experienced in all aspects of the creative process, specifically
- Stake holder interviews
- User profiles
- Content audit and analysis
- Information architecture
- Usability testing
- Creative concepting
- Final client design acceptance
- Lead all training for the VU-IT Platform, presentations for larges groups (50+ people)
- 6+ Years of presentation experience with executive staff and large audiences.
- I have written many SOW’s and managed many RFP’s from the whiteboard phase to awarding the bid.
- I lead multiple committees which consist of C-Level staff.
- 8+ years of experience as a customer facing senior developer.
Networking & Security
- Architected multiple applications which bridged both internal and DMZ”ed networks built with least privileges managed at the SQL Server security level.
- Architected solutions for scalability, cost effectiveness, performance, and hardware requirements (for example SSL off loading on load balancers opposed to IIS Servers). Managed external and internal DNS, aided in configuration of WAF (F5), and communicated application requirements to the networking staff.
- PCI-DSS authority for the Blue Valley School District
- Project Highlight – School Center Authentication Solution