I have over 15 year of experience in software development holding positions at every level of seniority. Throughout my entire career I have directly interacted with my customers and have been personally responsbile for the code I have written, that is why I love what I do … I make an impact. I have been part of organizations as small as 2 to as large as over 2700 which cover a range of different industries. I have extensive experience working with traditional departments within an organization which my MBA re-enforces.
- Creative Agency & SEO
- Retail eCommerce SaaS Model
- Traditional Cable
- 2015 – Senior Director of Strategic Information Technology for the NCTC
- 2011 – Senior Solutions Architect for the Blue Valley School District
- 2012 – Technical Editor for Packt Publishing
- 2006 – Lead Developer for Sure Merchant LLC
- 2005 – Web Developer for Sposto Interactive
- 2003 – Lead Web Developer for the CIS Deptartment at KSU
- 2002 – Web Developer for the SANTOS Research Lab
Education & Certifications
Experience Advising Executive Level Staff - 9 Years
Management over Creative Resources- 6 Years
Project Management - +4,600 Documented Hours
Management over Technical Resources - 9 Years
Senior Level Software Developer Responsibilities - 10 Years
- Node JS
- .Net (Forms, MVC, Web Services)
Project Management and Leadership Style
- Over 4,600+ hours of documented Project Management Experience.
- I have served in a management role with direct reports for over 8 years. Including interviews, performance reviews, and in rare cases termination of team members.
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People has a great section on Management which I have modeled for years. It guides a manager to genuinely work to help improve your team members and understand their motivations.
- I focus on fostering a culture of open honest communications. My teams focus on the goal and succeed as a team, not as individuals.
- Experience in, Waterfall, Agile, Scrum Master certified
Creative Leadership and Management
- Aligned all aspects of large enterprise level projects with Corporate Brand
Presented multiple creative defenses to executive level staff and large audiences
- Managed “Design by Committee” approval processes within projected timelines which included multiple executive level members
- 5+ Years of direct management over creative resources
- Experienced in all aspects of the creative process, specifically
- Stake holder interviews
- User profiles
- Content audit and analysis
- Information architecture
- Usability testing
- Creative concepting
- Final client design acceptance
- Lead all training for the VU-IT Platform, presentations for larges groups (50+ people). Recorded Presentation
- 9+ Years of presentation experience with executive staff and large audiences.
- I have written many SOW’s and managed many RFP’s from the whiteboard phase to awarding the bid.
- I lead multiple committees which consist of C-Level staff.
- 10+ years of experience as a customer facing senior developer.
Networking & Security
- Architected multiple applications which bridged both internal and DMZ”ed networks built with least privileges managed at the SQL Server security level.
- Architected solutions for scalability, cost effectiveness, performance, and hardware requirements (for example SSL off loading on load balancers opposed to IIS Servers). Managed external and internal DNS, aided in configuration of WAF (F5), and communicated application requirements to the networking staff.
- PCI-DSS authority for the Blue Valley School District
- Project Highlight – School Center Authentication Solution