Let me first come right out and say this is painful for no other reason than UPS’s web site is brutal.
The overall process is basically you have to set up two accounts. The first being an online login with UPS and the second being a literal UPS account.
Here are the steps.
1. Browse to https://www.ups.com/upsdeveloperkit.
2. Click on the “Register” link inside the “How to Get Started” section.
3. In the “Submit Your UPS Registration Information” box, enter your name, e-mail address, User ID and password then click on the [Next] button.
4. Complete the “UPS Registration” window then click on the [Next] button.
5. On the “Thank You!” screen, click on the [Next] button.
6. Click on the “Request an access key” link in the “How to Get Started” section.
7. Complete the “Secondary Contact Information” and the click on [Request Access Key].
At this point you will have to create a “UPS Account” that will have your credit card assocaiated with it. If you fill out the “Secondary Contact Information” and click Request Access Key, it will tell you that you have to create an account. So follow the steps to do this, it will ask for your credit card information and some basic information about your business. You will then have to Request Access Key again… which should work this time. If you run into trouble leave a comment. I have walked dozens of people through this.
You can verify that you created the account correctly if under “My UPS” -> “Account Summary” -> You have a numeric UPS Account.
If you run into trouble call 877-289-6418 for UPS Technical Support.
Once you have the access key, just fill in all the information in the nopCommerce Admin Panel and you should be all set.